Party: Partija "VIENOTĪBA"
Born in 1952. Riga. Master of Arts, Latvian Academy of Art, 1996. General Secretary;1987 – 1988; Latvian Artists' Union. General Secretary of the LPF Coordinating Council, Deputy Chairman; 1988 - 1990 Latvian Popular Front (LPF¬). Chief of Protocol, Deputy Foreign Minister; 1990 - 1993 Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Ambassador to the UN in Geneva; 1993 – 1997. Ambassador to France; 1997 – 2002. Ambassador to UNESCO; 2000 – 2002. Latvian Minister of Foreign Affairs; November 7, 2002 – 9 March, 2004. European Commissioner; 1 May – 20 November 2004. Member of Latvian Parliament, October 2006. Member of Board, Robert Schuman Foundation. MEP since 2009.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Member - Intergroup on European Cultural Heritage, Ways of Saint James and other European Cultural Routes
- Member - Partija "VIENOTĪBA"
- Member - Euronest
- Member - Ukraine
- Member - Foreign interference in all democratic processes in the European Union, including disinformation (INGE 2)
- Member - Foreign Affairs
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - NATO
- Substitute - EEA/EFTA and the North
- Substitute - Security and Defence
- Substitute - International Trade
My Positions in the group:
- Head of National Delegation - EPP Group Bureau
- Member - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Member - EPP Group Heads of National Delegation
Other related content
The EPP Group wants to boost Ukraine's trade by suspending EU tariffs on Ukrainian products. "The Kremlin's brutal...
“The European Commission has to present an effective strategy t...
“The EU has been increasingly exposed to and contaminated by foreign interference. To counter this, ...