Party: Partido do Centro Democrático Social-Partido Popular
Born in 1966. Graduate in Law; Lawyer. Vice-President of the CDS/PP. President of the Municipal Assembly of Vila Nova de Famalicão. President of the District Political Executive of the CDS/PP, Braga. Member of the Portuguese Parliament during the 8th, 9th and 10th parliamentary term. Vice-President of the Portuguese Parliament during the 10th parliamentary term. President of the CDS/PP Parliamentary Group (July 2004 - October 2006). Spokesperson of the CDS/PP. Vice-President of the ANAP (National Association of the PP Local Representatives). National Adviser of the CDS/PP. MEP since 2009.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Member - Intergroup on European Cultural Heritage, Ways of Saint James and other European Cultural Routes
- Member - Intergroup on Biodiversity, Hunting and Countryside
- Member - Partido do Centro Democrático Social-Partido Popular
- Member - Eurolat
- Member - Mercosur
- Member - Brazil
- Member - Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - United States
- Substitute - United Kingdom
- Substitute - Fisheries
- Substitute - Internal Market and Consumer Protection
- Substitute - Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
- Substitute - International Trade
My Positions in the group:
- Member - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Member - EPP Group Bureau
- Member - EPP Group Heads of National Delegation
Other related content
"This is an historic day for fighting crime in the EU. With this new agreement on electronic evidence, judicial authorities...
“As already one third of the ten million European farmers are over the age of 65, Europe's new agricultural policy must p...
The European Parliament has given the final green light to two pieces of legislation connecting...
The European Parliament has approved legislation to boost consumer rights...