No one should fight breast cancer alone. Although each experience may be completely different, some commonalities bring us all closer.
Speaking with people who face the same journey or listening to those who have already been through the cancer fight can help you.
Please join us for a LIVE debate on Tuesday 12 October at 19:00 CET. You will hear real life stories about fighting breast cancer with cancer survivors, advocates and politicians. They will speak about their experiences and will seek solutions to these big questions:
- What are the best practices in Europe in the fight against breast cancer?
- Is there still room for improvement?
- How has the pandemic challenged breast cancer care?
- How can we speed up the process of beating it?
- MEP Eva Maydell.
- Tanja Spanic, breast cancer patient and President of Europa Donna, a non-profit organisation working to raise awareness and pressing for improved breast cancer education, appropriate screening, optimal treatment and increased funding for research.
- Doctor Roland Holsten, specialist in internal medicine in the European Parliament.
- Karen Coleman, journalist.
We know finding cancer in the early stages saves lots of suffering. The EU can improve access and quality of screening to achieve timely diagnostics and help save lives. It's time to move from words to action.