Party: Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands
Born in 1960. Hesse. 1979-1980, army service in Koblenz. 1981-1990, law studies in Mainz and Dijon, probationary period in Frankfurt, Hochheim and Brussels. 1990-1991, diplomatic training at German Foreign Office (FO), in Bonn. 1991-1993, FO desk officer for international environmental politics. 1993-1995, desk officer, CDU Office for external relations. 1995-1999, FO desk officer for Baltic States and the Council of Baltic Sea States. Local mandates: 1986-1989, member, Hattersheim City Council. 1989-2001, Member, Main-Taunus District Council. Member of the Junge Union (JU) 1978-1996: Chairman at local, district and regional levels. Member, JU-Hesse State Board and JU International Commission. CDU member since 1981. Delegate to EPP-Congress since 1995. MEP since 1999.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Vice-Chair - ACP
- Member - Intergroup on Sky and Space
- Member - Intergroup on European Cultural Heritage, Ways of Saint James and other European Cultural Routes
- Member - Intergroup on Sustainable, Long-Term Investments and Competitive European Industry
- Member - Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands
- Member - South Africa
- Member - Foreign Affairs
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - Pan-African Parliament
- Substitute - Security and Defence
- Substitute - Transport and Tourism
My Positions in the group:
- Member - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Member - EPP Group Bureau
Other related content
“African, Caribbean and Pacific countries must take a clearer stance against Russia’s war in ...
The EPP Group strongly condemns Russia’s unjustified invasion of Ukraine and supports Ukraine’s acc...
This year’s EU-African Union summit on 17-18 F...