Party: Partido Popular
Esteban González Pons has a Degree in Law from the University of Valencia (Spain) and he holds a Doctorate in Constitutional Law.
He was Chairman of the Committee on the Interior in the Congress of Deputies in Spain from 2013-2014. He has also been a Member of the Popular Party National Executive Committee since 2008 where he has held different positions: Deputy Secretary-General of Studies and Programmes (since 2012), and Deputy Secretary-General of Communications between 2008-2012. Before that, he was a Member of the Valencia Regional Government (2003-2008). Esteban González Pons was the Spokesman for the Parliamentary Group of the Popular Party in the Spanish Senate between 1993 and 2003.
He is the author of several books and articles.
MEP since 2014.
My Positions in Parliament:
- Member - Intergroup on the Social Economy
- Member - Intergroup on Sky and Space
- Member - Intergroup on LGBTI
- Member - Intergroup on European Cultural Heritage, Ways of Saint James and other European Cultural Routes
- Member - Intergroup on Children’s Rights
- Member - Intergroup on Artificial Intelligence and Digital
- Member - Intergroup on Anti-Corruption
- Member - Partido Popular
- Member - Eurolat
- Member - Mercosur
- Member - Brazil
- Member - Constitutional Affairs
- Member - Legal Affairs
- Member - European Parliament
- Substitute - Canada
- Substitute - Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo
- Substitute - United Kingdom
- Substitute - North Macedonia
- Substitute - Women’s Rights and Gender Equality
- Substitute - Budgets
My Positions in the group:
- Chair - WG Legal and Home Affairs
- Vice-Chair - Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats)
- Vice-Chair - EPP Group Presidency
- Vice-Chair - EPP Group Bureau
- Member - Conference on the Future of Europe
Other related content
Manfred Weber MEP was re-elected this morning with an overwhelming majority as Chairman of the EPP Group in...
"We want the EU recovery money to reach those who have suffered during the pandemic. The Recovery...
A global crisis is always evaluated by the way it has affected society or by the way it has been dealt with. There is no denying...